Brownie-Pizza with Fruits
To be completely honest: Initially I just wanted to try out Demeter's aka Beaming Baker's "Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Vegan Brownies" recipe but didn't have all the ingredients for it so I swapped some and went a bit overboard with the dark chocolate...
But after seeing this dark gooey brownie dough, I instantly thought about something colourful and contrasty and decided to make a "fruit pizza" instead of regular brownies. And let me tell you, it was amazing! 😋
- Mix ground flax seeds with water and let them soak for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil. Whisk until it resembles caramel.
- Add cocoa powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until well mixed and thick like frosting. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Whisk in vanilla, salt and flax eggs, until well incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, fold in almond flour until you get the consistency of soft dough or very thick batter, and no flour patches remain.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter onto tray. Using the rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even, round layer.
- Bake for 30 mins. Cool for 1-2 hours. Garnish with fresh fruits. Enjoy!