Avocado Salad with Sweet Pepper and Tomatoes
The avocado salad with sweet peppers and tomatoes scores with a nicely aromatic taste and lots of vitamin C and healthy fats!
All you need: Sweet peppers, avocados, cocktail tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and a bit of patience during the skinning of the peppers. 😉
But you guys can trust me when I say it's well worth it! Because that way the marinate seeps in nicely and gives the peppers an absolutely amazing flavour!
- Oil the sweet peppers and grill them in a pan, in the oven or on a grill until the skin gets brown. Peel them and cut them into long slices.
- Wash the thyme, pluck the leaves from the stalk and chop them finely.
- Mix the thyme with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Half the avocados, cut them into long slices and prepare them on a plate with the sweet peppers. Drizzle with the leftover lemon juice.
- Wash and half the tomatoes, spread them on the sweet pepper-avocado-plate and drizzle everything with the marinade.
Btw: It's actually way easier to peel the skin off of red or yellow peppers than green ones. That's why I am only using red ones in this recipe. If you want to get a bit more color to your dish, feel free to add green peppers! 😉