Sweet Potatoe Hash Browns
This recipe is for all the hash brown lovers out there: If you don’t want to miss out on them in your paleo-diet, you can easily make sweet potato hash browns as an alternative.
I love them as a hearty meal with sweet potato, coconut oil, nutmeg, parsley and salt and pepper, or as a sweeter version with the addition of carrots, almond flour and cinnamon. So yummy! ?
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes and roughly rasp them into a large bowl with a kitchen grater.
- Knead the grated sweet potatoes thoroughly and press them against the side of the bowl to get rid of the unnecessary water.
- Add an egg or some almond milk (for the vegan version), mix well and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan and add about 2 tablespoons of sweet-potatoe-mix for one hash brown. Once in the pan, slightly press the mix flat.
- Bake at medium heat for 5-6 minutes until the outer parts of the hash browns get a bit of darker brown color. Flip them and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Place the finished hash browns on some parchment paper and keep them warm until served.
- Serve on a plate garnished with chervil.
Hint: If you have somewhat of a sweet tooth, try adding finely rasped carrots, a bit of cinnamon and almond flour before baking! Soooo good!