Asparagus with Sweet Potato-Puree & Paleo Hollandaise
Since asparagus season is only till the end of June, I always feel like I "have to" eat tons of asparagus before that. And I personally don't really care if it's green or white asparagus, grilled, fried or cooked - I just think asparagus is super tasty! 😉
But right now, I am especially in love with this combination: Green asparagus with sauce hollandaise, a dreamy lemon-garlic-sweet potato puree and caramelised lemons. Of course vegan, paleo, gluten-, dairy- and refined sugar-free!
- Sweet potatoes - 2 big ones (about 700-800g)
- green asparagus - 250g
- Lemons - 2
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves
- unsweetened almond milk - 450ml
- Olive oil - 5 tbsp
- Sauce Hollandaise
- unsweetened almond milk - 150ml
- Rape seed oil - 80ml
- white wine vinegar - 1 tsp
- Mustard - 1 tsp
- guar gum - 1/2 tsp
- Caramelised lemons
- Lemons - 1-2
- Maple syrup
Sweet potato puree with lemon & garlic
- Peel the sweet potatoes, cut them roughly into pieces of the same size and let them cook in some water for about 20 minutes until they are soft enough to get mashed and pureed.
- Peel and chop the garlic, grate the zest of 1 lemon and juice 2 lemons.
- Pour off water from the sweet potatoes, mash them and mix them with almond milk, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wash and dry asparagus. In a pan, fry the asparagus with some olive oil until it gets some color. (I personally like green asparagus to be firm. That's why I fried it for just 3-4 minutes each side.)
- Put all ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix until well combined. Once you have a little bit of foam, add the guar gum. Mix again until your hollandaise reaches desired consistency.
- Wash and clean 1-2 organic lemons and cut them into thin slices. Heat up some maple syrup in a small pan, add lemon slices and let them simmer in the maple syrup until your syrup starts to form bigger bubbles and caramelises. Remove pan from the stove and let your lemons cool down a bit until they get served.