Zoodles with Wild Garlic Pesto
I gotta be honest with you: I was so sure about the fact that zoodles (zucchini noodles) wouldn't be a real alternative to my dearly beloved pasta, that I never really gave them a chance. Until now. And let me tell you, not trying them was such a mistake!
I am absolutely in love with them now! They aren't just a great low carb alternative to normal pasta, they are also really tasty and are especially good at absorbing the respective sauce you serve them with. I like to serve them with vegan wild garlic pesto! It's soooo yummy!
Wild garlic pesto
- Add wild garlic together with a good pinch of salt, pine nuts, olive oil and some basil leaves (optional) to the blender and mix well until you have a nice homogeneous mixture.
Et voilà - you just made some delicious wild garlic pesto! 😉
- Half the tomatoes, cut the onion into slices and chop the garlic finely.
- Cut the zucchini into spaghetti-form with a spiral cutter.
- Heat some olive oil in a pot or a big pan, add onion slices and garlic and stew them for a minute.
- Add the zucchini noodles, season with salt, pepper and some chili powder and stir well.
- After 2-3 minutes add the tomato halfs, stir again and let everything fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve zoodles in a bowl, garnish with basil and wild garlic pesto - enjoy! 🙂