Crispy Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potato fries aren't just extremely yummy, luckily for us they are also super quick and easy to make! All you need are some sweet potatoes, a bit of starch, spices, olive oil (for the vegan version) or egg white (for the extra crsipy paleo version) and a nicely preheated oven. That's it! Sounds easy enough right? So don't waste any more time, just make them already! 😉
- Preheat the oven at 390F (circulating air).
- Peel sweet potatoes, cut them into sticks and let them soak in cold water for at least half an hour.
- Let them drain in a strainer for a while and once they are drained, put them in a freeze bag or small plastic bag. Add starch, pepper, sweet pepper powder any kind of other spice you might want to add except the salt. Close the bag and shake thoroughly.
- Once the spices are all well mixed with the sweet potato fries, either add oil (vor the vegan version) or a stiffly beaten egg white (for the extra crispy paleo version) to the bag and shake again.
- Place seasoned fries on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, put them in the oven and bake for 10 minutes before flipping them and baking them for another 8-10 minutes.
- Season the oven baked sweet potato fries with some salt and fresh herbs like rosemary and enjoy!