Paleo Coconut Almond Bread
Even though there are already some ready-to-bake paleo bread baking mixes available online, I always feel like they are way overpriced. I honestly can’t say anything about the taste tho, just because I don’t buy them. But I guess even If they would taste good, I’d prefer making the bread myself, just to be 100% sure about whats inside.
So while I am still working on a vegan paleo version of this coco-almond-bread, you can already enjoy this sugar-, dairy- and gluten-free version. All you need: Eggs, coconut oil, coconut or almond flour, honey, baking powder and some salt. And if you want your bread to be a bit more crunchy, just add some chopped nuts, chia or sesame.
- Preheat the oven to 340F (top / bottom heat).
- If you want to use flax eggs instead of eggs, mix 6 tbsp of ground flax seeed with 12 tbsp of water and let them soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Mix eggs (or flax eggs), coconut oil and honey. Add coconut flour, chopped almonds, baking soda and a pinch of salt. Mix well until you have a nice homogenous dough. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Grease your baking dish with some coconut oil. Add the dough, drizzle with some sesame seeds and bake for 35-40 minutes until the top is getting that gold-brown color.
- Remove from the oven, let your Coconut-Almond-Bread cool down and enjoy with some spread.