Kohlrabi Carrot Vegetables
Kohlrabi Carrot Vegetables are quite rightly a popular side dish for hefty meals. But if you combine them with basil and pine nuts, you get something completely new. A dish that could very well be a mediterranean main dish! - But maybe it's just me, tell me what you think! 😉
- Clean and peel kohlrabi and carrots. Quarter the kohlrabi and cut it into thin slices. Cut carrots diagonally into slices. Peel the garlic and chop it finely.
- Roast pine nuts without oil in a pan until they are gold-brown. Wash basil, shake dry, pluck the leaves and cut them into slices. (Set a few leaves aside for decoration.)
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry garlic, carrots and kohlrabi at low heat for 2-3 minutes. Deglaze with lemon juice and vegetable stock.
- Cook for 4-5 more minutes and season with salt and pepper when finished.
- Mix everything with pine nuts and basil slices, garnish with basil leaves and serve.