Do you guys know the feeling when you just want to make some yummy pancakes in the morning and they keep on breaking into pieces when you try to flip them?
Well I do! Especially when I want to make them strictly paleo without sugar and flour. It makes me crazy. Please listen mighty pancake god, I want pancakes not scrambled eggs!
Well, I should say "It made me crazy!" since I finally figured out how to make them without falling into pieces. Yay! 😉
Of course they are also delicious without any kind of protein but I do like that extra bit of protein and I also feel like the protein gives the pancakes a bit better texture.
- Put the bananas in a blender or mash them with a fork until they are mostly fluid.
- Whisk the eggs and mix them with the mashed bananas and the protein.
- To get that extra bit of texture add some ground almonds, ground hazelnut, coconut flour or desiccated coconut.
- Feel free to add some cinnamon or vanilla too!
- Put some coconut oil in a pan, add some "dough" and try to make a nice, small pancake.
- Once you see small blisters on top of the dough-surface, the pancakes are ready to be flipped.