Sweet Potato Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 340F (top / bottom heat). Prepare loaf pan or a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- For the vegan version, mix 2 tbsp of ground flax seed with 6 tbsp of water and let it soak for about 15 minutes.
- Peel and grate the sweet potatoes.
- Melt coconut oil in a pan or pot.
- Mix "flax eggs" or normal eggs, coconut oil, honey and cinnamon in a big bowl. Add coconut flour, unsweetened cocoa powder and baking soda. Mix well until you have a nicely mixed "dough".
- Grease the loaf pan or baking tray with some coconut oil. Spread the brownie-mix evenly.
- Put the loaf pan or baking tray in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove brownies from the oven and give them 1-2 hours to cool before slicing.
- Serve with fresh berries and/or (n)ice cream.
Tip: The brownies will be very fudgy after the first hours of cooling. If you like them to be a bit more firm, allow them to cool for an extra 3-4 hours before eating.