I am a big rhubarb- and strawberry fan. Especially the combination never fails to amaze me and I always feel like I need to eat as much of it as I can while the season lasts. (Rhubarb-season begins in April, strawberry high season kicks off in May)
And since I am in constant need of refreshing drinks right now, why don't we just add some ice, honey or maple syrup, coconut milk and vanilla to create a wonderful and also super tasty smoothie?
- Wash and clean the rhubarb, cut it into small pieces and place them in a small cooking pot.
- Add half a cup of water, bring to boil and let it boil for about 5 minutes.
- Wash the strawberries, cut them into small pieces, add them to the rhubarb together with some honey or maple syrup and let it boil for another 2 minutes. Once everything is evenly soft, set aside and let it cool down.
- Put the ice cubes into a freeze bag and hit it with a hard object like a rolling pin to make some crushed ice.
- Add the crushed ice, coconut milk, a pinch of salt and vanilla to the rhubarb and strawberries. Mix well until you have a nice homogeneously fluid.
- Pour the smoothie into glasses, garnish with some strawberries and some fresh basil and enjoy!